Phone: (+64) 9 309 8889 Email:

Under the Family category it is possible for family members to visit, work or apply for residence in New Zealand.


Partners of a New Zealand resident or citizen may be sponsored by their partner for a visitor or work or residence visa.  

Immigration New Zealand recognises a partnership to be :

  • A legal marriage

  • A de facto relationship (same or opposite sex)

  • A civil union (same or opposite sex)

  • Applicants must provide sufficient evidence to satisfy a visa or immigration officer that they have been living together for 12 months or more in a partnership that is genuine and stable. (Residence category)

Parents of an NZ resident or citizen may apply for residence under Tier 1 or Tier 2 category if they meet the requirements, including the need for their adult child to have been in NZ for at least 3 years as a resident or citizen. It will also depend on their income or that of their sponsor and sponsor's spouse. (Please note that this category is temporarily closed.)

Dependent children between 17-24 years, who are single and reliant for financial support on their parents who reside in NZ, may be sponsored by their parents for residence in New Zealand. Good evidence of the child's continuing dependence is required. 

For details of your individual circumstances please contact us for a personal assessment.