Phone: (+64) 9 309 8889 Email:

If you wish to study here for more than 3 months, you will require a student visa.

Your course of study and the education provider you choose must be Government approved to offer places to overseas students.

You will be required to show evidence of financial resources.and a genuine intent to study. 

Can I work as well?

If you are enrolled in full-time study which meets the criteria you will be allowed to work for up to 20 hours each week during the academic year, and full time during semester breaks and the Christmas/New Year holiday period.

You cannot, however, be self-employed while holding a student visa.

If you successfully complete a New Zealand qualification which qualifies for points under the Skilled Migrant category, you may apply for a Post Study Work visa – Open which is valid for either 1,2 or 3 years, depending on which level of qualification you study and whether you study it in Auckland or outside Auckland.. This gives you a chance to search for a skilled job offer relevant to your qualification.

If you obtain a job offer which is not related to your qualification, you will need to apply for a work visa under standard Essential Skills Work Policy.

For details of your individual circumstances please contact us for a personal assessment.